Good food makes me happy. My heart is most full after a good meal with good friends. Because I really am a foodie at heart, I naturally have to create a blog post for some of my favorite restaurants in my area! In no particular order here they are:
- Located in New Lou on Market St. (it does have other locations; this is just the only one I have been to), this restaurant has easily become a go to place for me. The atmosphere is quaint and the food is indescribably delicious. I really can’t rave about this restaurant enough. Ghyslain is known more for being a chocolatier, but the bistro menu includes simply delectable French items, such as savory crepes and sandwiches. In addition to all that goodness, they also have an array of beautiful desserts, such as cheesecakes and macarons, and gelato! You HAVE to check this place out. Here is their menu!
- What I recommend: Crepe Mistral with the Roasted Red Bliss Potatoes and literally any dessert. You can’t go wrong with any choice! I personally like the praline gelato and the creme brûlée.
- Honorable mentions: Crepe Fermiere, Croque Monsieur Panini, and the Mac and Cheese
Toast on Market
- This is the absolute cutest place to go for brunch! Located in downtown New Albany, IN (again, there is a second location; this is just my favorite) this restaurant has one of my favorite breakfast menus. The atmosphere is cozy and I have never been disappointed by anything I have tried here. Check out their menu! Because it is located in downtown New Albany, it is also conveniently close to multiple little stores and boutiques, for a lovely girl’s day out! (PS- not related to Toast, but Dress and Dwell, one of the cutest stores that I ADORE is just down the road. Find their website here!)
- What I recommend: Lemon Souffle Pancake. Oh. My. Goodness. This pancake will change your life. I could make a whole blog post about it. You NEED to try it; not just you should try it, you need to. Also the Hash Brown Casserole is simply divine. It’s so cheesy and just pure loveliness.
- Honorable mentions: The Classic French Toast and the Mediterranean Omelet
Cast Iron Steakhouse
- Located in Downtown Jeffersonville, this restaurant has my absolute favorite steak! And that is saying something because I enjoy a nice steak. The atmosphere is nicer than your average restaurant, making it perfect for a date night or a celebratory dinner. Check out their menu!
- What I recommend: Delmonico Ribeye. All I’m going to say about this steak is that heaven shines light down when you eat it. In addition to the steak, they also serve a Giant Potato Cake that will make you cry it’s so good. It’s basically a serving of mashed potatoes that they have covered in bread crumbs and fried. I have tried to recreate it at home with my mom and we just can’t. Its so special to this restaurant that we have even placed a carryout order strictly for the potato cakes.
- Honorable Mentions: To be honest, I have stuck to the previously mentioned steak and potato cake every time I have been here. It’s that good. So, I haven’t actually tried anything else. But I will say that the butter they serve with the bread is amazing! It almost has a garlic flavor to it. So make sure you eat the bread!
Come Back Inn
- Doesn’t this restaurant have the cutest name? Also located in downtown Jeffersonville, this is a little Italian restaurant that I love! I have met the chef of this restaurant a few times and it is one of those places you want to eat at because you know you are helping the local economy (and because the food is so good of course!). The atmosphere is definitely very relaxed and includes a well-stocked bar for those over 21! Here is their menu!
- What I recommend: For starters, the Insalata Capo. This salad is actually big enough to feed 2-3 people and I would definitely split it! I am an avid salad lover and this is one of my favorites! For your main course the best pasta is the Greco! It includes pine nuts, which I am just nutty about! (Excuse the pun).
- Honorable Mention: Bruschetta or the create-your-own pizza. The chef also has specials that are to die for! Because they obviously aren’t staples to the menu I can’t list them. But I have tried many of the specials the times I’v been here and they have never disappointed!
Ramsi’s Cafe on the World
- Located in the Highlands of Louisville on Bardstown Rd., this restaurant is one on my favorites simply because of its eclectic, quirky atmosphere. They also have a super cute garden area outside to eat in if its warm enough! It has a VERY wide range of food choices. As the name of the restaurant says, they literally have different food options from all over the world, as well as a large selection of vegan/vegetarian options. See the menu here!
- What I Recommend: Tortellini Graciella
- Honorable Mentions: I have only been here twice and I believe both times I have had the pasta. So while I haven’t eaten these things, I think they sound good: Shanghai Stir Fry, Ribs of the Caribbean, Roasted Vegetable Panini
The Melting Pot
- Even though this restaurant isn’t special to Louisville and has many locations, I still wanted to mention it as a favorite! The experience of The Melting Pot is truly like no other. If you love fondue this is your place! It has four amazing courses that leave you as stuffed as you are on Thanksgiving. I absolutely love it! Like the Cast Iron Steakhouse, the atmosphere is definitely fancier than most restaurants and would also be the perfect place for a celebratory dinner or date night. Here is their menu!
- What I Recommend: If you are going here, you might as well do it right and enjoy all four courses. First is the cheese fondue and I would recommend classic Cheddar. Then a salad of your choice; I personally enjoy the California Salad. For the main course I have always gotten the Land and Sea, but without the sea part; it comes with filet mignon, chicken, and shrimp, but I ask to hold the shrimp (sea food is a no no for me). Lastly, end with a bang and go for the Flaming Turtle. Your taste buds and tummy will truly thank you, I promise.
Huber’s Family Farm and Restaurant
- I would not be able to say I live in Southern Indiana if I didn’t mention this place. It doesn’t matter where I go in Louisville, as soon as people ask me where I’m from and I say Southern Indiana, they automatically ask if I’ve been here and I’m really not lying. This is the one place even Louisvillians will cross the river to Indiana for. Not only is it a restaurant, this place has a vineyard, apple orchard, and a pumpkin patch in the fall. It has a few stores selling produce and an ice cream shop. You honestly can spend the whole day here! Check out their website to see all you can do and to find their menu! The main restaurant has all of your grandmother’s cooking, such as fried chicken, dumplings, and rolls with apple butter that are amazing! But besides the restaurant, there is a winery that I actually go to more often to eat! I can’t even tell you how many times I’v been to this place! It’s pretty much a staple to anyone in Southern Indiana.
- What I Recommend:
- From the Winery: The Cheese Tray, Apple Cider, Artichoke Pizza. I’m not the hugest pizza fan, but I could eat this pizza everyday!
- From the Restaurant: Literally all of it. It’s comfort food.
- Eddie Merlot is one of the nicest restaurants in our area located in downtown Louisville. Again, it is not special to Louisville, but I wanted to mention it mostly because of their red velvet cupcake! I could go on and on about this cupcake. It has a pureed strawberry glaze and the creamiest cream cheese icing you have ever had! I have only been here once for my birthday a few years ago, but I have to include it as a favorite because it was that good! This restaurant is on the pricy side, but if you are willing to splurge for the night this is your place! Check out the menu here!
- What I Recommend: The time I came here my mom and I split two entrees and both were equally as good! I would recommend the Romaine Waldorf salad, the Filet Mignon or the Neman Ranch Frenched Pork Chops (what my mom and I split), and the Eddie’s Potatoes. For dessert, of course, the Red Velvet Cupcake!
Bristol Bar and Grill
- The Bristol has been one of my favorite restaurants for many, many years now! It also has two locations: one on the river in Jeffersonville and another on Bardstown Rd. The atmosphere is also a slightly on the nicer side, making it feel just a little sophisticated and probably why my middle school self fell in love with it! Here is their menu!
- What I Recommend: I simply can’t choose between the Pork Dijonnaise and the Steak Sandwich. Every time I go here I always alternate between these two dishes. If you go here, you also HAVE to get the Green Chili Wontons! This may be one of my favorite things to eat ever. Like ever.
- Honorable Mentions: Artichoke Fritters and the Hot Brown
The Old Spaghetti Factory
- Again, not special to Louisville, but I have eaten here too many times for it to not be included as a favorite! Whenever we need a nice restaurant that everyone can agree on, this is definitely one of our top choices. Not only is the food delicious, but the building itself is wonderfully ornate! Chandeliers hang from the ceiling, a grand staircase climbs to the second floor, and the red booths are luxuriously inviting, making it ideal for a night out on the town! Here is their menu!
- What I Recommend: Hands down the Spinach Tortellini with Alfredo Sauce. This dish makes me dream happy dreams. I love it and you would too! To be 100% honest, I almost love their salad as much as the main dish. The ranch dressing they serve makes me cry tears of happiness every bite.
- Close to Toast on Market, this is another one of my favorite brunch spots! The menu is absolutely full of the best breakfast foods and as I go over this post it is reminding me that I need to go here more often! There are so many things I need to try! This restaurant has a few locations and it’s atmosphere is fun and colorful! If you like breakfast this is your place!
- What I Recommend: Eggs Bennie! It’s a classic. Funny story actually: the first time I went here, I didn’t actually order it myself, but the person I was with did and I liked this way better than what I got so we ended up sharing!
- Honorable Mention: Wild Western Omelet and Raspberry Lemon pancakes
If you made it through this whole post, congrats! I know it was a little long; I just had so much to say! Let me know what some of your favorite restaurants are!