Cupcakes are easily one of my favorite things to bake! And what better way to spread some love this Valentine’s Day than some sweet treats! These pretty pink and red cupcakes are absolutely perfect for a last minute gift or just for something to say “I love you”!
Red Velvet Cupcake Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (12 tablespoons) butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon (or more) red food color
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 8 ounces (1 block) cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons raspberry jam
Cupcake Baking Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl, about 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Beat eggs one at a time.
- Mix sour cream, milk, food coloring, and milk to the liquid mixture.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the liquid mixture.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Beat cream cheese in a medium bowl.
- Add vanilla and powder sugar.
- Mix in the raspberry jam to taste.
- Tip: This Red Velvet flavoring is really a life savor!! I used it along with the red food coloring. It has a slight chocolate flavoring and red dye all in one!
- I bought mine at Walmart or you could find it here!