When your sweet tooth kicks in, sometimes you just can’t say no! Lucky for you, I have the easiest no-bake cake batter truffle recipe. I am not exaggerating when I say this was literally the easiest recipe ever. You may ask “can it get any better?” And I reply, yes it can. This recipe is only 5 ingredients! Pretty much guaranteeing you can make these at the drop of a pin. Without further ado, here the recipe is!
Ingredients (Approximately 24 Truffles):
- 2 cups vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- If you know me by now, you know I will substitute almond extract.
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp butter
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the cake mix, condensed milk, and vanilla extract. Mixture will be slightly sticky, enough that you can mold it into balls.
- Tip: If too dry, add another tablespoon of condensed milk and if too wet, add another tablespoon of cake mix until you reach the desired consistency.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes and mold into balls.
- For the chocolate covering: place chocolate chips and butter is a microwavable bowl, stirring every thirty seconds until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip cake balls into the batter and refrigerate for another 10-15 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Viola! They are done and ready to eat!
Another thing I love about this recipe is the potential to specialize the truffles! Feeling like white chocolate covering? Go ahead! Or maybe you want to add sprinkles to the batter before they are molded into balls! Next, I think I will try a strawberry cake mix!
The original recipe can be found here at Averie Cooks! Check her out! She is definitely one of my favorite food bloggers!
Let me know what you think!