Maybe it’s the warmer weather or the flowers blooming on the trees, but something has me in a Spring cleaning mood! And by cleaning I mean both physically and mentally. Lately, simplifying my life has sounded like something that needs to be done and so what better time to get started than Spring?
If you are in need of something new and fresh, start with yourself! I have found a reinvigorated sense of productivity and I decided to share a few tips on how you can be productive this Spring too.
This is arguably the hardest area for me to be productive right now. With summer a little over two weeks away (Hallelujah!) I have been a little less interested in studying than I should be. Here are a few tips to focus and prioritize your life.
- Don’t waste time! Give yourself a timeline to complete certain tasks.
- Set limits for yourself. Know it’s okay to say no.
- Take breaks in between studying!
- Turn your cell phone off when studying. Really.
- Only have relevant tabs open on your computer when working.
- Listen to relaxing music.
- I recommend Clair de Lune Radio on Pandora.
- Change your location.
- Studying in your room? Move it outside or to a coffee shop!
- PRIORITIZE your work and complete the most important tasks first. Even if they aren’t as fun.
- Make to-do lists.
- On Sundays, write a list of things to do during the week.
- Each month, create goals to accomplish. Both big and small!
- IMPORTANT: Actually reflect on your goals and check lists at the end of the month/week and see how you did!
- Buy a planner to stay organized.
- Break down big tasks into smaller sections.
- My government teacher in high school always used to say you can only eat an apple in small bites!
- Get sleep. As a college student I know this can be hard. But sleep is so important for our body’s capability to function! Just do it.
Didn’t someone say a tidy room is a tidy mind? This Spring really take that to heart and do a little deep cleaning! Pinterest has tons of cleaning tips and tricks, so take advantage! I have included some pictures for convenience .
- Go through your closet and donate clothes that are too small or you haven’t worn all year.
- Go through each room of your home and declutter.
While mental and physical cleansing is great, it is even more important to take care of yourself spiritually. This Spring I challenge you to do a spiritual detox as well!
- Read a daily devotion!
- Check out She Reads Truth app for plans (some are free and some you have to pay for), music, daily verses, and other cool features!
- Enjoy nature! Talk a walk in your neighborhood or go to the beach!
- Join a bible study or more importantly check out a local church service if you don’t have a home church in your area.
- Finding a like-minded community has been SO important to me as a college student! Find others who can support you and who share your beliefs.
- Set time aside to pray and read God’s word.
- I prefer to do so in the morning to start my day off on a good note!
- Listen to a Christian radio station in the morning on your way to work or school!
- Again, I promise this will start your day off on a good note.
I hope these tips and tricks give you a new sense of productivity this Spring! Share with me and others how you are doing a little Spring cleaning too!